Peachtree Publishers has set up a wonderful blog tour, with some of my favorite blogs, to celebrate Carmen’s newest book, The Return of the Library Dragon.
Don’t miss your chance to hear from the illustrator, Michael White, as well as the books editor! There are even a few chances to win a copy of the book. The blog tour schedule is listed below.
There’s a Book is featuring the first review of the tour!
Maestra Amanda has a review for you and word from illustrator Michael White!
Hear from the editor of Return of the Library Dragon about what it was like to create this book over at Booktalking!
A Word’s Worth has an excerpt from the book and a giveaway starting today!
Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers has a review and giveaway starting today too!
Don’t forget to enter the costume contest by 10/31! Details here!
This past week we officially celebrated The Return of the Library Dragon with local teachers and educators. Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School was generous enough to host us. Below are a few pictures from the event, including shots of the delicious food and COSTUMES. I love a good costume. If you would like to be included on our list for future book launches and parties, please send me an e-mail at: EGrace.Escritora@gmail.com
Follow the dragon tails to the party!
Illustrator Michael White with Susan Rapoport from Holy Innocents’!
It is not a party without cupcakes!
Miss Lotty and her alter ego, the Library Dragon made an appearance!
Carmen and Michael reading the new book.
As you can see, everything was wonderful and we are so thankful for Holy Innocents’ and Peachtree Publishers for working together to give us such a fun night to celebrate books!
Library Dragon Contest Rules:
- ‘Like’ The Library Dragon on Facebook
- Send Peachtree Publishers a photo or video of yourself in your best Miss Lottie or Lotta Scales costume. You may post this on The Library Dragon’s Facebook page, or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write a paragraph or more describing your relationship with the original Library Dragon book: when you first learned about it, how you’ve used it, the development of your costume, or any reactions from family, children, and coworkers. Basically, tell us why you love the Library Dragon and why you deserve to win!
- Post your photo and paragraph on The Library Dragon’s Facebook page, or e-mail it to email@example.com and we’ll post it for you!
- Entries will be accepted until 12p.m. eastern time October 31st. Winners will be announced the following week
* by entering the contest, entrants grant Peachtree Publishers permission to display, distribute, or reproduce the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, or publicity purposes.
The first prize winner will receive signed first editions of The Library Dragon and The Return of the Library Dragon, The Library Dragon audio CD, a Library Dragon flip-doll, a skype visit with author Carmen Agra Deedy, and a signed piece of original artwork by illustrator Michael P. White!